As we have learned this week in class, cultures around the world have different hand gestures as well as certain words that wouldn't translate for us.
I have never really traveled outside of the U.S, so I haven't experienced this too much with different cultures. However, in a way I expericence this confusion sometimes with the way i speak. I tend to cut the ends off words when im typing or texting, and sometime people have NO CLUE what I am saying. For instance, when i type, I say "jeal" instead of "jealous". I feel like that is a pretty obvious abreviation, but to my surprise a lot of people don't know what I'm saying when i say "jeal". To me, my words seem to make complete sense. It's like the hand gestures. To one culture their way makes sense, and someone elses way doesn't, just because it is what they have known their entire lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment