Thursday, October 14, 2010

Family and School

I think 2 of the biggest influences are their family and school. These are the 2 aspects in our lives that we are constantly exposed to while we are developing.
Our families influence EVERYTHING we do whether we like it our realize it. My dad pushes me and my siblings to do the best we can and try to always get better. When I'm running in a meet for cross country my dad is always in the back of mind encouraging me and pushing me to the finish. All of our morals and behaviors come from how our families have influenced us. Sometimes we embrace the things we learn from our parents, but other times, we know certain behaviors that we don't want to gain for ourselves. If we are aware of how much our parents can influence us, we might be able to try and not model the behaviors that we don't believe in.
School also influences how we act. Just like our parents, we model the behaviors of our classmates and friends. Since we spend so much time around these people, it is normal to be like them, even if we don't do it on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. I do agree with you that family and school influences us. Family can be placed into the Nature and Nurture category. School can be placed into the Nurture category. Since we're with these people all the time, we interact with them. So because of them, they make us up for who we are. Like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad pushes me and my sister to do and be the best we can as well lol. He sometimes overdoes it..but that's the job of a father :)

    I totally agree with you that family and school influence us. Those are the 2 things we are exposed to the most. Family (at home) and school (during the day).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd agree with you here too. Family and school have impacted me the most, and not just the knowledge you get from school but the relationships you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im exactly the same way, if I didn't have my parents that are always there motivating mw to do my absolute best, I really don't think I'd be where I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree that family and school greatly influence us! That is where we spend most of our time growing up, so it is bound to impact us! I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing though.

    ReplyDelete